Follow these guidelines the day before surgery to ensure that your procedure goes smoothly:
- One of our Pre-Admission nurses will contact you prior to surgery. If no one from our facility has contacted you 2-3 days prior to your surgery date to go over your information, please call our Pre-Admission Department at (256) 241-2229 or (256) 241-2230 for specific instructions.
- Notifiy our Pre-Admission Department if there is any change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever, rash, or any other signs of infection.
- If lab work is required you will be instructed by our staff during your pre-admission interview.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping. We provide containers for any removable dentures or bridgework.
- You may be asked to remove nail polish and/or acrylic nails based on your type of surgery.
- All body piercing must be removed prior to surgery.
- The night before surgery you should only eat a light meal. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight unless instructed otherwise by our staff. This includes the use of mints, chewing gum, chewing tobacco, or snuff. Do not smoke after midnight or the day of surgery.This will reduce the possibility of complications during and after anesthesia.
- Do not take any medication after midnight unless instructed by your physician or our staff. If you are a diabetic, or take blood pressure medication specific instructions will be given to you.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in the cancellation of your surgery.